Freistadt Road and Maple Road Intersection
To view the public involvement presentation for the project, click here.
You can also view the project exhibit here.
HOLY HILL ROAD - Between Gateway Crossing and the I41/US45 overpass
The Village of Germantown will begin underground utility work along Holy Hill Road between Gateway Crossing and the I41/US45 overpass. This work is anticipated to begin September 8,2021 and conclude November 26,2021 weather dependent. I41/US45 on or off ramps will NOT be impacted.
There will be automated traffic signals at Gateway Crossing and at the east side of the overpass. This will allow a single lane of traffic alternating between eastbound and westbound travel between these two points. Holy Hill Road will be open, but delays should be expected; an alternate route is recommended.
The scope of the work includes extending water and wastewater utilities along Holy Hill Road as well as replacing a storm crossing under Holy Hill Road. This work is being done prior to the Holy Hill Road reconstruction project that is scheduled for 2022.
2021 Annual Seal Coat Project
Industrial Park/Business Park
The Village will be starting the annual seal coat project on 9/13/2021.This will include the roads in the Germantown Industrial Park as well as the Germantown Business Park. Fahrner Asphalt Sealers will be performing the work which will start with filling the cracks with sealant. After filling the cracks, Fahrner will surface all the roads in the Business Park to seal the surface and prevent water from infiltrating into the asphalt. During construction, Fahrner will ask that all parked cars be removed from the roadway and parked on surface lots. The work is anticipated to be completed by 10/1/2021.
The next stage of construction is sealing a few residential streets shown in the chart below. This is scheduled to start the first week of October but is weather dependent. Residents will be notified prior to work starting and be asked to keep parked vehicles off the road.
The product being used is temperature sensitive and if the October forecast is too cold, this work will be pushed back to spring of 2022. The Fridenfeld Park parking lots will be completed in spring due to fall sports.
2021 Road Program:
The Village’s 2021 Road Improvement Project has been awarded by the Village Board to repave multiple roads throughout the village. The winning contractor was Payne and Dolan who provided a tentative schedule that is weather dependent. The roads that will be repaved will be the following:
- Elm Lane (Harvest Ridge to Wasaukee Rd) Approximate Start - July 26th
- Dheinsville Park Walking Paths and Parking Lot Approximate Start - May 24th
Pavement Pulverization, Grading and Repaving
- Lover’s Lane (Knollwood Dr to Wasaukee Rd) Approximate Start - May 24th
- Knollwood Drive (Westwood Ln to Lover’s Ln) Approximate Start - May 25th
- Westwood Lane (Wasaukee Rd to Terminus) Approximate Start - May 25th
- Russet Court (Wasaukee Rd to Terminus) Approximate Start - May 25th
- Carriage Avenue (Hudson Dr to Hidden Glen Ln) Approximate Start - June 1st
- Crestwood Lane (Wasaukee Rd to Terminus) Approximate Start - May 25th
- Creek Terrace (Captains Ct to Hidden Glen Ln) Approximate Start - June 1st
- Creek Terrace Court (Hidden Glen Ln to Terminus) Approximate Start - June 1st
- Lovers Lane (Maple Td to STH 145) – Approximate Start - May 24th
- Concord Road (Division Rd to Colonial Dr) Approximate Start - May 17th
- Main Street (Squire Dr East to Gehl Foods Railroad Spur) Approximate Start - June 3rd
WISCONSIN DOT PROJECTS
INTERSTATE 41 UPGRADE:
CONTACT: Tammy Rabe, Project Manager, Wisconsin DOT, (920) 492-2212, Tammy.Rabe@dot.wi.gov