Bulk Items Collection
Annual Curbside Collection -
Included in the Village of Germantown's contract with Waste Management is a one time per year curbside pickup of 2 bulk items per single family residence at no charge to the resident.
This service took place the week of June 13th in 2022. Check back in April/May of 2023 for next years dates.
Residents are limited to two (2) bulk items per address.
Residents who chose to participate had to contact WM by Friday, June 10th, 2022.
Residents will be required to have their bulk item(s) placed at the curb by 6 a.m. CST on Monday, June 13th. Please leave curbside until collected. All items must be able to be handled by two people.
Acceptable Bulk Items Include:
- Furniture such as couches, tables, chairs, beds, mattresses and metal furniture
- Baby/child car seats
- Basketball goal - Remove concrete base & cut to 6 ft. or less; concrete will not be collected; take to construction demolition landfill or full-service recycling center.
- Bathtubs - 75 lbs or less; 8 ft. or less; if larger than 8 ft., must cut in half. (No cast iron tubs)
- Bed frames - Dismantle.
- Beds (metal) - Dismantle
- Box springs
- Carpet - Roll & cut no longer than 4 ft.; no more than 75 lbs.
- Carts (metal) - No grocery carts.
- China cabinet hutches - Empty; tape the glass.
- Chests - Empty.
- Desks - Empty.
- Doors - Tape glass, if applicable.
- Dressers - Empty.
- Entertainment centers - Empty; tape glass, if applicable.
- Fireplace inserts - Remove bricks; no bricks collected.
- Floor coverings - Includes carpet & padding installed by homeowners only; roll carpet & padding; 4 ft. or less; no more than 75 lbs.
- Garbage cans - Tag with a note indicating to take the can.
- Glass doors, windows, table inserts - Using tape, make an X over the glass and place it at curbside
- Grills - Remove propane tanks; 75 lbs or less; no commercial grills.
- Gutters - 4 ft. or less.
- Hampers - Empty.
- Landscape timbers - Cut to 4-6 ft. or less; no railroad ties. No treated wood
- Linoleum - Roll & cut no longer than 4 ft.; no more than 75 lbs.
- Patio furniture
- Pool Covers - Folded; only folded cover 75 lbs or less will be collected.
- Push Lawnmowers - Remove gasoline; remove battery, if applicable.
- Toilets - Clean & empty.
- Toys (large)
Any item outside this list, and not on the Unacceptable Items list, will need to be assessed and a determination made my WM as to whether or not it can be safely collected.
Items not acceptable for collection include:
- Electronic waste
- PLEASE NOTE: televisions and computers and related computer equipment are banned from landfills in Wisconsin. This includes CPUs, laptops, monitors, printers, printer/fax/scan devices, mice and keyboards; and all televisions, including flat-panel televisions, projection televisions and televisions with picture tubes.
- Any materials resulting from work performed by a commercial contractor
- Automobile parts including motors, tires on rims, doors, fenders, car seats, batteries, bumpers
- Building/Construction Materials
- Cardboard boxes. Please cut down to 3 feet by 3 feet (or smaller) pieces and place in the recycling cart for collection
- Central air conditioning or heating units
- Ceramic tile
- Chain link fencing
- Cinder blocks
- Duct or sheet metal materials
- Fence posts with concrete attached
- Fire-damaged items
- Grocery carts
- Household Trash
- Floor coverings (except carpet/padding installed or removed by homeowner)
- Marble or simulated marble counter tops
- Nails or boards with protruding nails
- Oil Drums
- Paint & other hazardous waste
- Propane/oxygen tanks
- Railroad ties
- Roofing materials, shingles
- White Goods/large appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves/ovens, dish washers, freezers, dehumidifiers, microwaves)
- Yard waste