In 1897 the congregation of Christ Evangelical Church purchased half an acre of land from Valentine Wolf’s widow for the purpose of building a house near the church for use as its official parsonage. They contracted to build this Victorian style home in 1898 for the price of $1,465.00. Originally gas lighting was used and then in 1925 electricity modernized the home. A closed porch was added in 1935 and an updated heating system was installed in 1940. The parsonage housed a succession of pastors until it became a private residence in 1968. In 2001 a two story addition was added to the south elevation and the original carriage house has since been restored.
This home received Germantown’s Historic Designation in 2008.