Zoar Kirche was built after the Rev. Christian Ruegg and some members of Christ Church (Dheinsville) left to start their own church. The land was purchased on May 30, 1895 from Lewis and Elizabetha Boecker for $100. The church and parsonage were constructed for $2000 and were paid off in 1 year. The first service was held on October 20, 1895.
Around 1958, Zoar added a stone entrance and other improvements. The original cornice was remounted above the new entrance. In 1962, Zoar and Christ Churches merged back together after 67 years apart and formed Our Saviour’s United Church of Christ. Our Saviour's congregation continues to worship at this location today. The cemeteries at Division Rd and Dheinsville are properties of "Our Saviour’s Cemetery Association".
Our Savior's United Church of Christ received Historic Designation in 2019.